WV CHIP for Teens
2011 Video Contest
Congratulations to the winners!
First Place (Group): Fear of the Flu by Cabell Midland High School
Second Place (Group): An Icy Fall by Summersville Seventh Day Adventist School
First Place (Individual): Looking for a Sign by Emmi
Second Place (Indivdual): Skateboarding for WVCHIP by Hunter
Third Place (Individual): The Nickel by Bradon
Who was Eligible to Enter
- Individuals: Kids who are legal U.S. residents who attend middle school or high school in the State of West Virginia who have a parent's or guardian's permission to enter.
- Groups: School or youth groups serving middle school or high school youth.
- Videos must be planned, filmed, and produced by youth. No adult entries are permitted!
- Up to two videos may be submitted by an entrant between October 1, 2011 through December 15, 2011.
- All submissions must be original work of the student(s) and/or group.
- The WV Healthy Kids and Families Coalition reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any entrant or winner.
- Videos will be judged primarily, but not exclusively, on creativity, message clarity and relevance, technical quality and overall impact.
- All videos submitted become the property of West Virginia Council of Churches.
How to Enter
- Create up to two original videos:
- Include full name and title of video stated at beginning.
- Videos must be 30-90 seconds long.
- Be sure to mention the WVCHIP website, www.chip.wv.gov.
- Videos must promote one or more of the services of West Virginia Children’s Health Insurance Program (WV CHIP) and encourage eligible youth to enroll in WV CHIP. WV CHIP services include: doctor visits, check-ups, hospital visits, immunizations, prescriptions, tests and x-rays, dental care, vision care, emergency care, mental health, diabetic supplies, urgent care or after hour clinic visits, and case management for special needs, as well as other services.
- Videos must be appropriate for a family-oriented contest.
- Personal information, such as last name, street address, city or town, should not be included in the video.
- Download and read the Official Contest Rules. If you are submitting a video as an individual, download and have a parent or guardian fill out, print mail or fax theEntry and Release Form.
- Click on the link on the left that says "Click Here to Submit Your Video." Upload video file.
- After you upload your video, complete the Entry and Release Form
- Deadline for entry is December 15, 2011.
1st Place – $200 Amazon.com gift card*
2nd Place - $100 Amazon.com gift card*
3rd Place - $ 75 Amazon.com gift card*
4th Place - $ 50 Amazon.com gift card*
For more information on the WV Children’s Health Insurance Program visit www.chip.wv.gov.
*Award of Amazon gift card does not imply endorsement by Amazon.com. Other gift card may be substituted, if deemed necessary by the contest sponsor.