Our track record: 25 state policy victories (raising minimum wage, 180,000 West Virginians have health care, child care saved for 12,200 families); 155 healthy community teams trained and funded (farmers markets, walking trails, and more); 158+ candidates trained; 26 student chapters across the state; and more than 200 schools and congregations making a difference and helping to lead the charge against the AHCA and tax breaks for the wealthy.
AS A PARENT
PARENT ACTION 4 WELLNESS
TO BECOME A LEADER
"We don't fight on behalf of kids and families. We are kids and families." -- Lisa Wotring, OCOF Leader
- Andrew N. Robinson: Congress must rescind health insurance tax hit coming in 2018 (Gazette) September 22, 2017West Virginia has worked hard to expand Medicaid Coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Over the next several years the state's cost to match the ...
- Senate develops health study amendment September 22, 2017Among the hundreds of communities across the country affected is the city of Martinsburg in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia where the city is ...
- Kanawha health department director gets bump in salary September 22, 2017About 75 percent of Brumage's salary now is paid by West Virginia University, so the contribution from the health department “is still substantially less ...
- Groups push back against new 'Obamacare' repeal effort September 22, 2017As Republicans in the U.S. Senate work on passing its latest effort to repeal former President Barack Obama's health care law, four West Virginia ...
- US Deaths from Drug Overdoses Set Record in 2016 September 22, 2017Provisional data released last month by the National Center for Health ... In 2015, West Virginia reported more than 41 overdose deaths per 100,000 ...
412 Elizabeth St.
Charleston, WV 25311
For More Info