Our track record: 25 state policy victories (raising minimum wage, 180,000 West Virginians have health care, child care saved for 12,200 families); 155 healthy community teams trained and funded (farmers markets, walking trails, and more); 158+ candidates trained; 26 student chapters across the state; and more than 200 schools and congregations making a difference and helping to lead the charge against the AHCA and tax breaks for the wealthy.
TO BECOME A LEADER
"We don't fight on behalf of kids and families. We are kids and families." -- Lisa Wotring, OCOF Leader
- How hepatitis A spread across Kentucky and grew into the nation's largest outbreak February 21, 201921, 2017, Kentucky's health department declared the outbreak had spread to ... assistant dean at the West Virginia University School of Public Health.
- Despite popular opinion, restaurants aren't culprit in spreading hep A February 21, 2019Kathleen Croley, a Whitley County Health Department educator, said too ... Kirtner, who represents restaurants in Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Hey, Hey! Ho, Ho! Is Striking For School Nurses The Way To Go? February 21, 2019“We know healthy kids learn better,” she said. ... In West Virginia, teachers went on strike last year and won a 5 percent raise for all staff, including ...
- Some anti-vaccination parents cite religious exemptions. Measles outbreaks could change that. February 21, 2019West Virginia is considering a new proposal to add personal and religious ... used a personal exemption and 0.8 percent used a medical exemption.
- W.Va. teacher strike ends February 21, 2019PRINCETON – Barring any weather delays or closures, West Virginia's ... more mental health professionals and librarians in schools, and protection ...
412 Elizabeth St.
Charleston, WV 25311
Main Office Phone
For More Info