Our track record: 25 state policy victories (raising minimum wage, 180,000 West Virginians have health care, child care saved for 12,200 families); 155 healthy community teams trained and funded (farmers markets, walking trails, and more); 158+ candidates trained; 26 student chapters across the state; and more than 200 schools and congregations making a difference and helping to lead the charge against the AHCA and tax breaks for the wealthy.
TO BECOME A LEADER
"We don't fight on behalf of kids and families. We are kids and families." -- Lisa Wotring, OCOF Leader
- West Virginia hepatitis A outbreak tops 100 cases May 24, 2018West Virginia health officials are reporting an increase in the number of confirmed cases of acute hepatitis A virus since March. Image/ National Atlas ...
- Dentistry sees growth as a profession in north central West Virginia May 23, 2018Dentistry is an option for those interested in the medical field and with West Virginia continuing to rank as one of the worst states for dental health, that ...
- Bill would allow Medicaid coverage of NAS residential pediatric recovery services May 23, 2018"By allowing Medicaid to cover these kinds of healthcare services, the CRIB Act will expand access for West Virginia children and families ensuring ...
- PEIA Task Force: Compare PEIA's pros, cons with other states' plans May 23, 2018... new ideas without trying to reinvent the wheel,” said Rob Alsop, a West Virginia University vice president who is serving as subcommittee chairman.
- On Capitol Hill, USA Gymnastics President Apologizes To Nassar's Victims May 23, 2018Lyons stepped in to lead the USOC on an acting basis in February when the CEO resigned, citing health concerns. Many of the House members' ...
412 Elizabeth St.
Charleston, WV 25311
304-610-6512 (Stephen's Cell)
For More Info