Our track record: 25 state policy victories (raising minimum wage, 180,000 West Virginians have health care, child care saved for 12,200 families); 155 healthy community teams trained and funded (farmers markets, walking trails, and more); 158+ candidates trained; 26 student chapters across the state; and more than 200 schools and congregations making a difference and helping to lead the charge against the AHCA and tax breaks for the wealthy.
TO BECOME A LEADER
"We don't fight on behalf of kids and families. We are kids and families." -- Lisa Wotring, OCOF Leader
- Miners, family members share sadness and gratitude 50 years after Farmington No. 9 November 18, 2018The Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969 was passed in response, though more than 60 years after ... 9 in tiny Monongah, West Virginia.
- Mon Health hospitals receive “A” rankings for high quality care standards, patient safety November 18, 2018According to Mon Health, the two hospitals were the only ones in north-central West Virginia to earn the “A” grade. Critical access hospitals like Mon ...
- E-cigarette regulations aim to protect kids, NCWV businesses fear impact November 18, 2018West Virginia University researcher Dr. Mark Olfert is studying the effects of e-cigarette use on cardiovascular health. He said the focus should be on ...
- Number of preterm births on the rise November 18, 2018Four states (Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and West Virginia) received a lower ... That focus on health is what state officials are gearing toward.
- UCF, Western Kentucky meet for Myrtle Beach championship November 18, 2018West Virginia and St. Joseph's will meet in the third-place game. .... son of her fiance had been struggling with mental health and addiction for years.
412 Elizabeth St.
Charleston, WV 25311
304-610-6512 (Stephen's Cell)
For More Info