Our track record: 25 state policy victories (raising minimum wage, 180,000 West Virginians have health care, child care saved for 12,200 families); 155 healthy community teams trained and funded (farmers markets, walking trails, and more); 158+ candidates trained; 26 student chapters across the state; and more than 200 schools and congregations making a difference and helping to lead the charge against the AHCA and tax breaks for the wealthy.
TO BECOME A LEADER
"We don't fight on behalf of kids and families. We are kids and families." -- Lisa Wotring, OCOF Leader
- Health care professionals advocate in favor of needle exchange at roundtable discussion April 27, 2018The conversation on Charleston's heavily-scrutinized needle exchange program has taken another step forward ahead of a city council vote that will determine whether needles will be allowed within city limits. Tuesday night, city council held their first public meeting to weigh the benefits and drawbacks ...
- Daily Mail endorsements: These GOP candidates can make WV great again April 27, 2018Republicans have been the majority party of the West Virginia Legislature since 2014, and they've made great strides in improving the state's ... (but not too much) and his experience in behavioral health, which is crucial to helping solve the state's addiction epidemic, the Daily Mail endorses Drennan.
- The fine print of those short-term health plans favored by Trump: Don't get sick on a weekend April 26, 2018It's sold today in Illinois, Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Indiana, Mississippi, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin and West Virginia. What's unclear is whether the insurer would market the same plan under Trump's proposed changes, but it's likely that many of its provisions would ...
- Paxton-led coalition in pursuit of Obamacare repeal seeks injunction by year's end April 26, 2018The coalition said the part of the law requiring employers to provide health insurance cost Texas $473.2 million between 2011 and 2017. ... Nebraska, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah and West Virginia joined Paxton and Schimel in the motion, along with the governors of ...
- Physician - Hospitalist Locums Coverage in West Virginia April 26, 2018Weatherby is providing staffing assistance to a West Virginia-based facility that is currently seeking a hospitalist to a...See this and ... Founded in 1995, Weatherby Healthcare has established itself as a leading expert in locum tenens staffing for physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners.
412 Elizabeth St.
Charleston, WV 25311
For More Info